Kyriale Evening Series I
Time & Location
Join us on Enders Island with John Brodeur this summer for the first installment of the Kyriale Evening Series!
Are you a chant enthusiast or a church musician looking to grow your repertoire? Perhaps you are new to Gregorian Chant or maybe you have fond memories of hearing chant melodies in your childhood. No matter what your background or level of experience, all are welcome to participate in this exciting new opportunity!
In this series, we will cover the entire repertoire of the Gregorian Kyriale in bite-size weekly evening sessions—4 sessions at a time. The Kyriale is a defined collection of Gregorian chant settings for the Ordinary of the Mass which contains eighteen Masses (each consisting of the Kyrie, Gloria*, Sanctus, and Agnus Dei), six Credos, and several ad libitum chants.
Throughout this series, we will be using a print edition published by the monks of Solesmes Abbey. Each evening begins with a 3-course dinner at 5:30 and concludes at 8:30 pm.
*excluded from Masses intended for weekdays/ferias and Sundays in Advent and Lent.
Workshop Flyer: Download and Print
1. Tues, June 25 | Mass I, Lux et origo (in Paschal Time)
2. Tues, July 2 | Mass II, Kyrie fons bonitatis (for Solemn Feasts)
3. Tues, July 9 | Mass III, Kyrie Deus sempiterne (for Feasts)
4. Tues, July 16 | Mass IV, Cunctipotens Genitor Deus
- 4 Two-Hour Evening Sessions of group instruction and all materials included: $240—Only $60 per class.
- Add 4 served 3-course chef-prepared Dinners with your instructor and classmates for just $15 a week. All-Inclusive Price: $300
- Scholarships are considered upon request and are contingent upon need and availability. Please contact email@example.com to make a request.
- The contents of the Kyriale are public domain and can be downloaded online. However, participants are strongly urged to purchase the following book at the time of registration: Kyriale (ISBN: 9782852742611)*
- All materials used in this workshop will be pre-ordered and made available to students in the classroom by the instructor. All other equipment and supplies are property of the Enders Island Sacred Art Institute.
All deposits are non-refundable. Please read and understand our full Cancellation Policy prior to your purchase. Thank you!
- Class Tuition$240$2400$0
- 4 Dinners$60$600$0
- Hardbound Kyriale$20$200$0