Illuminated House Blessing Workshop
Time & Location
Registration Deadline: July 14
Taught by Valerie Weilmuenster
Learn the Ancient techniques of Illumination while creating the house blessing project shown here. Using this pre-planned design incorporating a traditional style of illumination, you will learn calligraphy, painting techniques, color mixing, application of gold leaf and the making and using of shell gold. In addition, Sr. Eugenia Brady, SJC will lead us in daily reflection and prayer. No prior experience necessary.
This week long workshop's studio time lasts five consecutive days and begins Sunday night at 5:30 pm with a dinner for students and instructors. Dinner is followed by a workshop introduction and conference which ends at 9:30 pm. Hands-on instruction begins early Monday morning. The entire workshop ends Friday at noon.
Workshop Flyer: Download and Print
Workshop Tuition: 5 Day Workshop: $360
- Commuter: Workshop + Daily Lunch and Dinner: $660.00
- Resident: Workshop + Daily Meal Package* + Shared Room: $985.00
- Private Room: Workshop + Daily Meal Package* + Private Room: $1135.00
*Hot Breakfast, 2-course Lunch, 3-course Dinner, and snacks.
For more reservation details, contact us at: (860) 536-0565
Rooming options are subject to availability. We do our very best to ensure that all of our resident students room on Enders Island. In rare circumstances, it may be necessary for you to room off-island at a local hotel. In such cases, Enders Island will let you know well ahead of time, and we will provide transportation to and from your classes.
Click here to view photos of our accommodations.
- A $100 materials fee is included in the cost of this workshop. Please consult the syllabus for a full list of what materials will be provided.
- All materials used in this workshop will be pre-ordered and made available to students in the classroom by the instructor. All other equipment and art supplies are property of the Enders Island Sacred Art Institute.
- All first time students are required to pay the full materials fee. Students returning to Enders Island may be eligible for a discount if they bring previously purchased, reusable materials. Please call the office for more information: (860) 536-0565
All deposits are non-refundable. Please read and understand our full Cancellation Policy prior to your purchase. Thank you!
- Commuter—Pay In Full$660$6600$0
- Shared Room—Pay In Full$985$9850$0
- Shared Room—Deposit$250$2500$0
- Private Room—Pay In Full$1,135$1,1350$0
- Private Room—Deposit$250$2500$0