Bereavement Day Retreat with Fr. Ed Dempsey
Time & Location
Directed by Fr. Ed Dempsey
Jesus said “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” (John 14: 1-3)
Dying is a human inevitability. That, however, doesn’t necessarily mean that we are ever sufficiently prepared for its realization, or that it won’t seriously hurt when it occurs. Participants and leader together will teach and learn about the human process we call death and/or dying:
- about how people cope variously with death’s phenomena
- about healthy and unhealthy grieving
- about the need for mourning, without prescriptions or must-do’s
- about the role religion may play in our living with death and dying
- about aiding, assisting, supporting one another when death occurs or is looming
While together, we will try to make the most of the shared wisdom in our impromptu community. Together, we will explore our shared experience, and together we will seek and find mutual support in our loss(es). Time for personal reflection and prayer will be available after the retreat schedule has ended.
In order to provide opportunity for all retreatants to share, space on this retreat is limited to 15 attendees.
Program Flyer: Download and Print
Please read and understand our full Cancellation Policy prior to your purchase. Thank you!
- Bereavement Day Retreat$50$500$0